Brilliant log cabin built with luxury in mind. Located in the Shawnee National forest. Sit under the stars and view the Milky Way away from any light pollution! Bringing your boat? No problem, large parking area to travel with your toys! Come and experience a log home the likes that can only be found on mountain resorts! RV plug in available as well!
Beautiful 2300 sq. ft. log house conveniently off of Rt. 51 near Makanda's Smiley Face water tower.
- 1 King Bed in main level w/ensuite Bathroom
- 1 Queen Bed in main level w/ Jack & Jill Bathroom
- 1 Full Bed in main level w/ Jack & Jill Bathroom
- 1 Queen Bed in 4rth bedroom in lower level
- Living Room with propane fireplace
- Kitchen & Dining Area
- Walkout Deck overlooking 5 private acres
- 3 bedrooms
- Washer and Dryer
- 2- Car Garage
- 4th Bedroom with Half Bath
- Gentlemen's Bar Room with seating
- 6 minutes to Makanda, IL & Makanda Boardwalk
- 10 minutes to Carbondale, IL
- 13 minutes to Cobden, IL
- 15 minutes to Alto Pass, IL
- 25 minutes to Carterville, IL
- 36 minutes to Marion, IL
- 5 mi to Giant City State Park
- 5 mil to Poplar Camp Beach at Cedar Lake
- 6 mi to SIU Student Center & Southern Illinois University Campus
- 5 mi to Flamm Orchards
- 7 mi to Touch of Nature Outdoor Education Center
- 7 mi to Jeremy " Boo" Rochman Memorial Park aka " Castle Park"
- 18 mi to Crab Orchard Wildlife Refuge
- 15 mi to Panther's Den
- 15 mi to Bald Knob Cross of Peace
- 16 mi to Shawnee Bluffs Canopy Tours
Wineries & More:
- 6 miles to Owl Creek
- 7 mi to Wichmann Vineyard
- 9 mi to Alto Vineyards
- 9 mi to Havisham Bourbon Bar
- 10 mi to Peachbarn Winery and Cafe
- 10 mi to Starview Vineyards
- 11 mi to Von Jakob Winery and Brewery
- 12 mi to Blue Sky
- 16 mi to Feather Hill
" Know Before You Go"
PET POLICY: $50.00 pet fee is applicable, per pet, per stay. Max 2 pets
CANCELLATION POLICY: Guest receives 100% (less $50.00 cancellation fee) if cancellation occurs more than 14 days before arrival; Guest receives 50% (less $50.00 cancellation fee) if cancellation occurs more than 7 days before arrival; No refunds within 7 days of arrival.
Professionally managed by Southern Illinois Vacation Rentals
Off-site rental agreement and security deposit may be required.
Visitors: not staying overnight are welcomed, loud, disruptive parties are not.
Check out instructions: We ask that you wash your dishes and pick up any trash left outdoors including cigarette butts
Firewood/ Firepit: There is no firepit available at this time.
Inventory: We provide a "starter package" of inventory for our cabin: 3 rolls of T.P. and 1 full roll of paper towels.
House Manual: Our house manual is 100% online and is provided immediately after booking.